- Associated Student Body (ASB)
- Dual Immersion/Two Way Immersion (TWIS)
- ELD Programs (ALD, ELD, AVID EXCEL)
- Exploratory Wheel
- Industrial Arts and Technology
- Musical Theater
- Peer Assistance Leadership (PAL)
- Spanish 1
- STEAM (CTE, Robotics, Oceanography)
- Support Programs (Reading Strategies, Math Strategies)
- Video Production
Peer Assistance Leadership (PAL)
Mason Hett - President
Maddie Taylor - Vice President
Abram Garfinkle - Secretary
Savannah Hatz - Treasurer
The PAL program (Peer Assistance Leadership) encompasses many facets - peer to peer support, community service, cross-age tutorial and teaching, new student transitions, alcohol, tobacco, drug, and violence prevention, and environmental awareness. Together as a team, we discuss, plan, and work to find the best ways to support and assist in all of these areas.
PAL students will have a busy year taking part in various community service projects. We will participate in street cleanups, beach cleanups, and various other volunteer activities.
Some of our most important endeavors include:
- Planning and preparing three Roadrunner Breakfasts to positively recognize students that have been following MFMS.
- Running a canned food drive to help out FAM of San Clemente.
- Working with Rotary to wrap presents for Santa's Visit and organize a community rummage sale where the proceeds go back to families in need.
- Helping our school to collect pennies (as well as other monetary amounts) for Pennies for Patients which helps victims of Leukemia and Lymphoma.
- Planning events and activities for Red Ribbon Week. PAL students will lead the school in various activities promoting a positive, healthy, drug-free lifestyle.
Twice a week we spend time with our buddies in the STEPS/special needs classes. Most PAL students find this to be the most rewarding and fun part of being in PAL. They read together, do assignments together, make crafts, and play games. The friendships and bonds they are forming are truly heartwarming and inspiring. It is a positive experience for all.
PAL students enjoy displaying their school spirit and their commitment to be positive role models and productive citizens at Marco and their community.
If you want to apply for PAL, see your academic adviser for more information!
OUTSTANDING PAL PROGRAM WINNER!
Recognized and awarded by the
Orange County Department of Education
FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM @MFMS_PAL_